Are you, or do you know, a young woman living in Stark County who would like to make a difference? Do you have a great idea for a project, but lack the resources to accomplish that project? As an integral part of our mission, The Junior League of Stark County aims to not only improve communities, but also to promote voluntarism and develop the potential of women. To that end, we are pleased to continue into our fifth round of funding the Junior Leaders Community Service Grant, designed to assist young women in grades Kindergarten through 12 to realize their dreams of helping those in need in their local communities.
Details including the application and grant requirements and guidelines may be found below. The deadline to apply for grant funding is October 31, 2018. Don’t miss your chance to make a difference! Questions may be directed to Grant Coordinator Megan Pellegrino at email@example.com, with “JL Service Grant” in the subject line. Good luck!
– Applications must be postmarked by October 31, 2018 or if submitting through the online application, must be received by 11:59pm on October 31, 2018.
– Winners will be notified no later than December 15, 2018.
– The project must be completed, and receipts and final report must be turned to the JL HQ office by May 15, 2019.
– Winners may request up to 50% of the awarded funds up front with the remainder being paid once the receipts and final report has been submitted by May 15, 2019.
There are two ways to apply:
1. Complete the online application using this link: http://jlstarkcounty.org/junior-leaders-online-application/. You will need to submit your supporting document during this online application, as well as indicate that you have read and understand the Junior Leaders Grant Requirements and Guidelines. The supporting document (three or less double-spaced, typed pages) will include:
-Project Goals and Description (tell us your plans for the service project, who the project will
serve/benefit, what will you do, how will it make a difference in Stark County)
-Collaborating Agencies/Organizations (if this project requires the participation of any groups or
organizations, who are they and have they agreed to participate if you receive funding)
-Budget Outline (how much money are you requesting and how you plan to spend the money; remember,
you can only request up to $2,500)
2. Print out, complete and mail the application AND guidelines found below.