Are you, or do you know, a young woman living in Stark County who would like to make a difference? Do you have a great idea for a project, but lack the resources to accomplish that project?
As an integral part of our mission, The Junior League of Stark County aims to not only improve communities, but also to promote voluntarism and develop the potential of women. To that end, we are pleased to continue into our tenth round of funding the Junior Leaders Community Service Grant, designed to assist young women in grades Kindergarten through 12 to realize their dreams of helping those in need in their local communities.
Examples of past projects can be found here.
Apply now for the 2023-2024 funding year!
Junior Leaders Service Grant Requirements and Guidelines
1. Applicants must be female
2. Applicants must have an adult co-applicant
3. Applicants must live in Stark County, Ohio
4. Applicants must be enrolled in Kindergarten through 12th grade
5. Applicants may not have received a Junior Leaders Service Grant before
6. Service projects must benefit Stark County
7. Applications must be submitted through the online application and must be received by 11:59 pm on October 31, 2023.
8. Applicants may request up to $2,500
9. Winners will be notified no later than December 24, 2023
10. The project must be completed, and receipts and final report must be turned in to the Junior League HQ, by May 15, 2024
11. Winners may request up to 50% of the awarded funds upfront with the remainder being paid once the receipts and final report has been submitted by May 15, 2024
12. The Junior League of Stark County, Ohio reserves the right to withhold monies if a recipient demonstrates they are unable/unwilling to use the monies to benefit the community, or to follow the Guidelines and Requirements of the Grant, as determined by the Executive Board
13. Recipients are also obligated to provide a written summary and evaluation of the completed project along with photo documentation
14. Recipients may be asked to attend a Junior League meeting to update our membership on their project
If you have any questions, please contact grant coordinator, Megan Pellegrino at [email protected] with “Junior Leaders” in the subject line.